The Average Cost of Laser Hair Removal
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, it costs on average just under $300 per session for laser hair removal ($285). This is true in our office as well, with small areas less than $150 per treatment, and larger areas such as the back slightly over $350 per treatment.
Factors that affect your laser hair removal costs include the following:
- The size of the area that’s being treated (for example, full legs are more expensive than the bikini line).
- The number of treatments needed to see your ideal results which depends on the density of your hair and hormonal factors.
- If your procedure is being performed by a nurse or a technician (hint – you want the former!) and the presence of a dermatologist (or another core physician such as a plastic surgeon) on site.
- Your skin color. Lighter skin allows higher energy levels to be used without burning the skin, leading to more efficient hair removal.
- If you live in an area with a higher cost-of-living index.