Skip to content
What to Expect After Coolsculpting™simonadv2019-03-06T15:49:25-05:00
What to Expect After Coolsculpting™
What to expect after your procedure:
- Generally, there is no recovery time after your treatment. You may resume normal activities as tolerated.
- The treated area may look and/or feel stiff and may be red and swollen after the procedure. This is normal and will subside.
- Because of the vacuum suction, you may have bruising and slight tenderness to the touch. This will resolve within a few days to a few weeks.
- Within the first two weeks following your procedure, you may experience one or more of the following sensations—tingling, tenderness, cramping and/or soreness. Treatments using the larger applicator on the abdomen and those on the lateral thighs often report more of a stinging and soreness than other areas. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or are worsening over time.
- Extremely rarely <1 in 2,000 patients may experience adipose hyperplasia. The treated area may get larger with a firm spongey quality. Liposuction or Kybella can be used to correct this if it occurs.