Skip to content Post-Filler InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2019-03-06T16:13:02-04:00
- Keep an ice pack on the area for 5 minutes in the oﬃce. You may use cool compresses at home but please do not ice further. Icing too aggressively or with too cold an ice pack can damage the skin and even cause scarring. Refrain from vigorous exercise for the rest of the day (walking is okay). Do not use any saunas or hot tubs.
- Do not massage or manipulate the treated area on the day or evening of treatment. You may wash your face normally.
- You may apply makeup as usual the day after treatment.
- If you experience discomfort or a headache, you may take Tylenol (acetaminophen). Wait until any bruises are resolved to take aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil). If you are having signiﬁcant pain, please call our oﬃce immediately.
- Swelling is generally most noticeable 1 or 2 days after the procedure. Sleep with an extra pillow to minimize this. Although you may feel some bumps or ﬁrmness in the area treated, the material will soften over a few weeks. If there is a visible bump or irregularity that persists beyond 10 days post-treatment, please call the oﬃce.
- Notify us immediately at 781-416-3500 if you have excessive swelling, pain (mild tenderness is normal), blotchy bluish or dark red discoloration in any area, severe bruising, or if any crust, scab or rash develops.