Skip to content
Post-Filler InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2020-08-03T09:34:26-04:00
- Refrain from vigorous exercise for the rest of the day (walking is okay). Do not massage or manipulate the treated area on the day or evening of treatment. You may wash your face normally.
- We generally do not recommend icing at home after your procedure as it is possible to over ice and injure the skin, particularly using commercial ice packs. However, if you feel tender and wish to ice, you may put some frozen peas or corn in a clean fresh plastic bag and applying to the treated area for 10-15 seconds on and off.
- Wear only a clean/new facemask that doesn’t press into the treated areas. Avoid wearing a facemask by staying home or distanced for 48 hours as much as possible.
- For 48 hours do not use any saunas or hot tubs and avoid submerging your face in a swimming pool.
- For 48 hours apply only creams and makeups that are new or from a pump bottle, not an open jar or compact. Do not use brushes or applicators that have been previously used during this period to avoid introducing bacteria in the treated areas and punctures. Wash your face normally and make sure your hands are clean when applying your creams or lotions.
- If you experience discomfort or a headache, you may take Tylenol (acetaminophen). Wait 48 hours if possible to take ibuprofen (Advil) and until all bruises are gone to use aspirin. If you are having signiﬁcant pain, please call our oﬃce immediately.
- Swelling is generally most noticeable 1 or 2 days after the procedure. Sleep with an extra pillow to minimize this. Although you may feel some bumps or ﬁrmness in the area treated, the material will soften over a few weeks. If there is a visible bump or irregularity that persists beyond 10 days post-treatment, please call the oﬃce.
- Notify us immediately at 781-416-3500 if you have excessive swelling, significant pain (mild tenderness is normal), blotchy bluish or dark red discoloration in any area, severe bruising, or if any crust, scab or rash develops. Call us if weeks to months after your procedure the treated area swells and becomes firm.