Skip to content Pre-IPL InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2019-03-06T17:27:27-04:00
- It is imperative to protect the treated skin from the sun for a full 4 weeks prior to photorejuvenation as well as 4 weeks after photorejuvenation. This is best accomplished by the use of SPF 30 sunscreen daily (preferably containing titanium dioxide or zinc oxide) and a hat worn during times of greater exposure to the sun’s rays. Any tan or “color” from the sun can cause side effects.
- Artificial tanners must be stopped 3 weeks before your treatment.
- We highly recommend an over the counter cream called Topicaine which may be purchased in our office. 30 minutes before your appointment, apply the cream generously to your face and rub in. Repeat the application again 10 minutes before your treatment. This medication is extremely safe and effective when used as directed.
- Discontinue aspirin for 10 days prior to an IPL treatment. Discontinue ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and Vitamin E capsules 5 days prior to the procedure. Using aspirin or ibuprofen during the week before treatment may lead to increased redness or bruising and failure for redness and capillaries to resolve with treatment.
- Do not use retinol, Retin A (tretinoin), or glycolic acid products 2 days before treatment.