1. For a one week period prior to the scheduled date of your surgery, DO NOT take any medication that contain aspirin (Bufferin, Ecotrin) or ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or any other anti-inflammatory medications used for arthritis. These medications may cause increased bleeding at the time of surgery. If you are on Coumadin or Heparin, please inform us.
2. If you need minor pain relief, please take acetaminophen (Tylenol). If you are allergic to acetaminophen, band-aids, tape, or antibiotic creams, please inform us.
3. Please consult your primary care physician before stopping any prescribed medication (or aspirin, if your doctor instructed you to use it daily).
4. Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 48 hours prior to surgery.
5. Please keep in mind minimize exercising/sports, no swimming or water sports, hot tubs or whirlpools while sutures are in (one week for the face, two weeks for all other areas).
6. Plan to purchase adhesive bandages at your local pharmacy (Band-Aid, Nexcare, Curad) and ointment (Bacitracin, Aquaphor or Vaseline) to perform daily dressing changes after your procedure.