Pre-Clear + Brilliant Instructions:
- It is imperative to protect the treated skin from the sun for a full 4 weeks prior to the Clear + Brilliant laser. This is best accomplished by the use of SPF30 sunscreen daily (preferably containing titanium dioxide or zinc oxide) and a hat worn during times of greater exposure to the sun’s rays. Any tan or “color” from the sun can cause side effects.
- Do not use glycolic acid, retinoids, or lightening creams one week prior to treatment.
- We highly recommend an over the counter numbing cream called Topicaine which may be purchased in our office to minimize discomfort during the procedure. 30 minutes before your appointment, apply the cream generously to your face and rub in. Repeat the application again 10 minutes before your treatment. This medication is extremely safe and effective when used as directed. For the 1440 setting, you will arrive one hour prior to treatment and our office staff will apply prescription strength numbing.
- Your physician may also give you a prescription for Valtrex which you should take prior to and after your treatment if you have a history of cold sores.
- To minimize potential bruising, discontinue aspirin for 1 week prior and ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin), Vit E capsules for 5 days prior to a Clear + Brilliant treatment. You should wait two weeks after any other cosmetic procedure (ie. Botox or fillers) or waxing to be treated with Clear + Brilliant.
- You should not be treated with the Clear and Brilliant Laser if you are pregnant.