Skip to content What to Expect During Coolsculpting™Krauss Dermatology2019-03-19T13:35:04-04:00
What to Expect During Coolsculpting™
What to expect during your CoolSculpting procedure:
- A specially designed applicator cup will use gentle suction to draw your tissue into the cooling cup. (the outer thighs cooling plate is positioned with Velcro straps).
- During the first 1-10 minutes, you may feel temporary discomfort because of the suction and cooling. After that, the area becomes comfortably numb. CoolSculpting is generally very well tolerated. No topical or general anesthesia is needed.
- Depending on the area being treated, you may be positioned lying flat or sitting up. Most patients read, listen to music, work on their computer, nap, or simply relax.
- Treatment time is 35-45 minutes per applicator (the outer thighs is an exception to this with a 75 minute per side treatment time). Most patients choose to treat both sides on the same day for symmetry although you can schedule appointments on different days if needed or if multiple areas are being treated.
- You should not be treated with Coolsculpting if you are pregnant, have a significant hernia in the area to be treated, or have abnormal cold sensitivity such as Raynaud’s disease.