Skip to content Post-Fraxel® InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2019-03-06T17:21:03-04:00
- At your appointment, you will receive a post-procedure kit with instructions and products to help your skin heal as optimally as possible. The treated area may turn red and swollen. After a couple of days, depending on the condition you had treated, you may experience many small black specks on the treated area which will peel away. Some tenderness and itching may also develop. A sandpaper-like texture may also be appreciated.
- You may use Tylenol for discomfort after the procedure. Cool tap water compresses may be used for discomfort as well. Sleep on an extra pillow to minimize swelling around the eye area.
- If increasing pain, drainage, open wound, fever, or excessive swelling is present, call our office immediately 781-416-3500. A physician is on call for the practice 24 hours a day.
- After a gentle treatment, flaking and redness may be seen for 3-5 days. With more aggressive treatments, dark brown scale and a leathery appearance may be visible in certain areas. Swelling may last up to 5-7 days. Makeup may be worn but we recommend you wait 24 hours before applying. Particular care must be taken to avoid irritation of the skin while removing your makeup. Avoid abrasive or irritating makeup removers. Glycolic, retinol, Retin A and Renova creams may be resumed after 7 days.
- Sun protection including SPF 30 sunscreen, and preferably a hat, are mandatory for at least 4 weeks after each treatment. To maintain your results, these sun protective measures should continue indefinitely as well as appropriate skincare.