Skip to content Post-Laser Hair InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2019-03-06T17:45:56-04:00
Post-Laser Hair Instructions
Post- LHR Treatment Instructions
- Redness and irritation may be present for hours or even a few days. Use a mild cleanser to gently wash the area (such as Cetaphil liquid cleanser). 1% hydrocortisone cream (over the counter) can be used to alleviate itching. If blistering, oozing or crusting occurs, apply Vaseline jelly and contact us.
- Makeup may be used if the treated area is red, but should be avoided if the area is uncomfortable or the skin is irritated.
- The treated area must be carefully protected from the sun for at least 6 weeks after treatment. Sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher (preferably containing titanium dioxide or zinc oxide), as well as a hat or protective clothing, is imperative. Sun exposure will increase the chance of discoloration.
- Schedule your treatments at regular intervals approximately 4 to 6 weeks apart for best results.
- Hair will remain in the follicles for about 2 weeks, then falls out. The area may be shaved during this period and between treatments as long as the treated area is not irritated.