Skip to content Post-Vbeam InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2019-03-06T18:21:50-04:00
- The treated area may be slightly red, with mild soreness like a sunburn for a few hours to two days. These symptoms, if they occur, can be relieved using cool compresses and Tylenol. If a large facial area has been treated, you may experience swelling. If this occurs, keep your head elevated, and prop it up on several pillows at night. Some over-the-counter Benadryl by mouth at night can help with swelling. Avoid ice packs as these may cause increased swelling.
- For a week after the treatment, the treated area may have some small blue to purple spots. Makeup may be applied very gently starting 1-2 days after treatment. Makeup with a green or yellow tint can be especially helpful in neutralizing any purple or blue discoloration.
- Cleanse the treated area gently, and apply Vaseline jelly or Aquaphor ointment once or twice a day until the skin returns to its normal color. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen when going outdoors. Take lukewarm, not hot, showers, and avoid strenuous exercise for two days.
- Do not, under any circumstances, pick or rub the treated areas even if a scab forms (which is very rare). Call our office if any scabs or wounds occur.
- Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and avoid alcoholic beverages for 7 days after the procedure. You may take Tylenol, which will not affect your laser results.
- Strictly avoid sun exposure for at least a month after treatment to minimize the risk of dark discoloration in the treated skin. Use sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher, preferably containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, and a hat or sun protective clothing.