Skip to content Post-MiraDry InstructionsKrauss Dermatology2019-06-04T05:49:25-04:00
Post-miraDry Procedure Instructions:
- Wrap frozen water bottles or ice packs in a wet paper towel or thin dish towel. Ice areas 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Be sure to keep the ice packs wrapped, as placing them immediately next to the skin may cause frostbite.
- You may take ibuprofen or acetaminophen (Tylenol) per package instructions for discomfort.
- Use over the counter Hibiclens cleanser to wash armpits for 2 weeks after the procedure. For the first 2 days, wash the area twice per day.
- Avoid applying antiperspirant/deodorant for the first 2 weeks.
- Wear a loose top to avoid irritation.
- Avoid vigorous activity for a few days.
- Use aquaphor or petroleum jelly if desired to soothe skin, particularly if you experience any small blisters in the treated area.
- The following effects are expected and temporary: swelling in arm or torso, numbness or tingling, redness or bruising, bumps you can feel under the skin, darkening of the skin in the treated area.
- Call the office if you:
- Experience dizziness, nausea, difficulty speaking, confusion, vertigo, numbness around mouth/eyes or difficulty breathing.
- Develop signs of infection such as increased swelling, pain, surrounding redness, an enlarging nodule, or if the treated area appears to be getting worse.
- Experience significant pain that is not relieved by over the counter pain medication and icing.
- Develop severe swelling, redness, bruising that persists more than 2 weeks.
- Experience any weakness in your arm muscles or fingers.